Nowadays, everyone has a chance to build an excellent online-store. There are many eCommerce platforms you can choose from. There are many individual requirements that influence the decision. Some people are looking for a visually-attractive design that will present their assortment at its best. Others are more interested in the functional aspect. These include the availability of different payment methods, product variations, shipping options, and others. Not all variants are capable of combining both appearance and power. Today, we are going to compare two popular platforms. WooCommerce and Shopify have already become a base for a large number of online-stores. Let us look through their key options and understand whether they suit your needs…
WooCommerce and Shopify: Some Words to Start With
Are you not a tech-savvy user who is afraid of facing some challenges? In terms of these two platforms, you do not need to know everything about programming. There are many tasks that you can work with in a user-friendly manner.
Among them, we can name the following ones:
- presenting your products;
- working on your orders;
- and many others.
In addition to this, the number of its users will certainly impress you. This means that you can ask someone for help if you come across some issues. Now, it might seem that these two variants have many similarities.
Yet, the biggest difference between them is connected with the installation process.
- Shopify is a self-hosted platform. What does it mean? You will not lose your time searching for a web-hosting, installing an additional CMS, and going through other steps. This will be a great benefit for those who do not have any programming skills.
- WooCommerce is a plugin for WordPress. As you may know, you need to pay money for an online-project on this CMS. In other words, it has a hosting fee. Everything will be easier if you have an existing website on WordPress. In this case, you just need to install the plugin.
More About WooCommerce and Its Options
You might have already memorized that WooCommerce is a plugin. Furthermore, it is a free addition to your website that provides users with different eCommerce features. Some of them are free. For several of them, you need to pay money. What are the main features of this platform? Look at them below.
1. There are several product variations available. This means that you are free to sell various types of items, including those that can be downloaded.
2. Your customers will be able to choose from different payment gateways. Among them, you will find BACS, Cash on Delivery, and PayPal.
3. It will also provide you with the opportunity to present the reviews from users. Moreover, there are some discount options and usage limits.
4. In terms of the reports, you will get some pieces of information about the performance of your online-store. You can also find out about reviews, inventory levels, and incoming sales.
5. There are also various local tax rates and tax classes.
More About Shopify and Its Options
We have already said that preparing your online-shop together with Shopify does not require installing any software. There are many helpful tools that will make your website more effective.
1. Availability of ready-made themes on different resources. By the way, we will speak about them a little bit later.
2. A fully-responsive design that will adapt to every device.
3. You can also create an assortment that consists of many product variations. You can also showcase reviews on them and share some discounts.
4. A great social media integration.
5. Ample reports on the necessary aspects of your online-shop performance.
Pros and Cons to Make Your Decision Easier
We are pretty sure that it seems almost impossible to understand which platform is better. For this reason, we thought that it would be nice to look through its pros and cons.
|Pros||1. It allows sharing ratings and reviews from users. 2. You will get well-structured reports. As an example, they are divided by date, category, product, and other aspects. 3. It is a free plugin. If you do not need more than some basic eCommerce features, there is no need to pay some extra money.||1. It will provide you with free web-hosting. In other words, you can start adding your items and selling them in a jiffy. 2. Even if you are a beginner, you will easily understand how everything works. It is an intuitive platform that will guide you through your website-building process. 3. There is also a social media promotion.|
|Cons||1. If you do not have an existing WordPress website, you will need to go through some essential steps. You should download this CMS, install it, and then add the plugin. 2. In order to make your online-store trustworthy and secure, you need an SSL-certificate. In such a way, you need to buy it separately.||It has only three product attributes. Unlike WooCommerce that will provide you with unlimited product variations. 2. You cannot create new product variations. It is possible to divide them by color, material, and size.|
This all-in-one theme is suitable for a large number of purposes. It has a visually-attractive design and advanced functionality. There are many eCommerce tools included in its packages. As an example, there is a product carousel, newsletter subscription, quick view, Ajax shopping cart, and many others.
Woostroid is an engaging and powerful theme that allows building online-stores on different topics. The package has many skins to choose from. There is also an easy-to-use Elementor Page Builder that allows customizing the look of your website. You can also pay your attention to wishlist and comparison functionality.
A Few Words in Conclusion
In general, WooCommerce will be a great choice for those who already have a website based on WordPress. It will make sure your online-store will attract many potential customers and give them an excellent user-experience. Shopify is a wonderful platform for those who are only entering the world of eCommerce.
Even if you know nothing about programming, it will guide you through the whole process. To be honest, both variants can easily meet your needs. You just need to understand which features you consider to be the most important ones.
In addition to this, you can make your choice on the base of your budget. We hope that it will be easier for you to understand which platform is more suitable for you thanks to this small comparison. Thanks for reading!